Grandmaster Brenda J. Sell is one of the first females in the United States to rise to the level of Grandmaster. She has more than 28 years of experience in the study, training, researching, teaching, and performing of one of the World's most effective forms of self defense (Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan).
She has pioneered the role of women in Taekwondo worldwide with her determination to succeed and overcome the obstacles associated with being involved in a male dominated martial art.
Grandmaster Brenda J. Sell with Grandmaster Edward B. Sell has established an international Christian Black Belt Demonstration Team, called The Sell Team. They have received assignments through the U.S. Pentagon to perform at military installations throughout the world. They also perform in churches and public schools using Taekwondo to carry inspiring messages encouraging and motivating people of all ages to "be all they can be."
• 1970 - Began training.
• 1972 - Awarded Black Belt
• 1977 - First female to be awarded International Referee Certification by WTF.
• 1978 - Awarded the 4th Degree and Master rank.
• 1981 - Founder of The Sell Team, an International Christian Demonstration Team.
• 1983 - Debut of International Female Competition at the 1st Pre-World Games Seoul, Korea given in her honor.
• 1987 - Appointed as International Referee for the First Women's World Tae Kwon Do Championships in Barcelona Spain.
• 1988 - Awarded Black Belt of the Decade.
• 1989 - Received Letter of Citation from WTF for contributions to Tae Kwon Do.
• 1990 - Receives promotion to 2nd Class International Referee, WTF.
• 1995 - First female promoted to 7th Dan.
• 1996 - Completes (with family) first Computerized CD-ROM training system of all WTF Taguek Poomse.
• 1996 - Ordained as a minister.
• 1998 - 1998 received the Grandmaster Degree. Featured on the cover of Tae Kwon Do Times.
• 2003 - First Female promoted to 8th Dan